Over the past several years I have developed a special interest in working with adults with Complex trauma, people with Personality Disorders, and Neurodivergent individuals (including those with ADHD and Autism).
For individuals with Complex PTSD, I use a combination of Schema Therapy, EMDR, DBT and other trauma-focused therapies to help clients understand and manage their symptoms, reduce triggering, and reduce intrusive memories and nightmares. I aim to provide a safe and calm environment where clients can learn about the neurobiology and psychology of their symptoms, and develop effective coping strategies.
I also have extensive experience working with neurodivergent Individuals including those with Autism/Aspergers Disorder, 'gifted' adults, clients with ADHD , and people with Intellectual Disability. I utilise a strengths-based approach in helping clients understand their unique personality and strengths, with goals around improving social skills, emotion regulation, and self-esteem.
However I also treat adults who have a variety of other issues including, but not limited to:
• Stress and Adjustment Disorders
• Anxiety Disorders including Generalised Anxiety, Phobias, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety and PTSD
• Mood Disorders including Depression and Bipolar
• Self-esteem, body-image and confidence issues
• Complex trauma and Personality Disorders including Borderline PD and Narcissistic PD
• Chronic health problems including pain management and addiction
• Adult Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, and Intellectual Disability
* I welcome new referrals from GPs or Psychiatrists who feel that their patient may benefit from trauma-focused psychotherapy, EMDR or Schema Therapy.
APS - I am a Member of the Australian Psychological Society and adhere to a strict professional code of ethics